Hey guy's. Found this park in oyama and it looks reall nice on the pictures... they have an arbour for weddings....which saves us from making or renting one... and they do a lot of weddings there. I will prob go look at it tomorrow or tues. I am still going to go re'look at kopje if this place is just okay. But I think this place will work. Then there is also the community centre in Winfield and a hall there too...so that would be nice and close. I'll keep you updated.
http://www.regionaldistrict.com/departments/parks/regional/reg_parks_kaloya.aspx
Kaloya Regional Park is 3.7 hectares. The Park provides a great place for your family in the summer months to swim, boat, picnic, and take a short but picturesque walk around the peninsula.
Features:
A lily pond with pink water lilies blooming most of the summer
Swim area on Kalamalka Lake
Covered picnic area
Gazebo
Walking trails
A Playground
A wedding arbor
A boat beach
The scenery at the park is so beautiful that many couples chose to get married here. The gazebo and view of lake provide a striking backdrop for ceremonies and celebrations. As with many Regional Parks, special events such as weddings, family reunions and other large gatherings can be booked by calling the Regional Parks office for a permit.
Directions:
Take Highway 97 north to Oyama Road and turn right, turn left onto MacLaren and the parking lot is at the end of the road.
Sunday, March 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment